EG Retail (Netherlands) BV privacy notice
Summary of how we use your data
- EG Retail (Netherlands) BV uses your personal data to:
- create your portal restricted access (at www.gotheeasyway.nl) and create the cards with the relevant information on them;
- send you files containing information link to the fuel cards activity of your company such as list of cards, details of cards transactions, and your invoices;
- news, updates and promotions by email/SMS and use pix tags to measure open and click through rates and allow us to provide you with personalised content based on your interests.
- Data is shared:
- internally, across EG Retail (Netherlands) BV and its affiliates, with our international colleagues for the purposes of tracking the usage and functionality of our websites ;
- with our external service providers in order to store the data ;
- with our external call center in order to answer customers request, maintain the customer data and manager the backoffice for customer data.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as for commercial communication or cookies you can withdraw this consent at any time.
- Our privacy notice sets out more details of this processing, including details of your data protection rights, including your right to object to certain processing.
What does this notice cover?
This notice describes how EG Retail (Netherlands) BV (also referred to as “Controller “, “we” or “us”) will make use of your data when you visit http://gotheeasyway.nl/ , when sending you relevant e-mail messages, promotions, and for improving our online and e-mail services.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which EG Retail (Netherlands) BV carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
Please note that your employer is a separate business organisations acting as an independant data controller. As a result, your employer is responsible for its own data protection compliance. If you would like to talk to your employer about its privacy practices, please contact your employer directly.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites, and when you purchase goods and services from us. This includes:
- your name and password;
- your job title;
- your type of vehicle and number plate;
- your corporate address, email address and phone numbers;
- the type of products or services you have bought on our network accepting our cards; and
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us.
What information do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you, for example, make a purchase from us or enter a competition we run. This includes:
- verifying the identity of the signatories;
- communicating with you; or
- providing customer services or other provision of products, prizes or services.
- As required by EG Retail (Netherlands) BV to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you;
- we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research.
- Where you give us consent:
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Notice and the information provided to you when those technologies are used
- on other occasions such as for electronic direct marketing (if required) where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Relying on our legitimate interests
We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the details set out later in this notice.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
We will share your personal data across EG Retail (Netherlands) BV and its affiliates, with our international colleagues for the purposes of tracking the usage and functionality of our websites ;
- with our external service providers in order to store the data ;
- with our external call center in order to answer customers request, maintain the customer data and manager the backoffice for customer data ;
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on behalf of EG Retail (Netherlands) BV for the purposes identified above.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
How long will you retain my data?
EG Retail (Netherlands) BV will retain your data for as long as you are an active user of our services and for 60 months after you stopped using our services.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests).
Where we process personal data for site security purposes, we retain it for as long as necessary.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are included in the GDPR. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
How do I get in touch with you, or your data protection officer?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to EG Retail (Netherlands) BV, Princenhagelaan 9, 4813 DA Breda, The Netherlands. You can also get in touch with EG Group’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to EG Retail (Netherlands) BV, Princenhagelaan 9, 4813 DA Breda, The Netherlands.
Which entity is my data controller, and which affiliates might my data be shared with?
The data controller for your information is EG Retail (Netherlands) BV.
Cookie Notice TEMPLATE
This notice explains what cookies are, how we use them, and your options for controlling them. We have also included some useful links so you’re able to find out more about cookies.
Last updated: 25 May 2018
What are cookies
Cookies (or similar technologies) are pieces of information which include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session (“session cookies”) and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used, for example, to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer (“persistent cookies”). Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are uniquely assigned to your device and are sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit (if they last longer than a web session) or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Some of the cookies used by our sites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services (such as interest based advertising and web analytics) on our behalf.
We use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website or areas with paid-for content. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like ‘passwordless’ login and shopping baskets, cannot be provided. Because such cookies are essential for using a site, these cookies cannot be turned off without severely affecting your use of the website.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve our website such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
Category 5: Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
How to view your cookie settings and change them?
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your device, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please refer to the useful links below for your browser:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our websites.
To manage your cookie consent preferences, please click here
Other useful links
You can also learn more about cookies in general by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional, useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
And to get additional detail on EU cookie law, you can visit https://www.cookielaw.org/your-cookie-law-rights/